Thursday 17 October 2013

Project Life | 2013 | The beginning (well almost)

I finally jumped on the Project Life bandwagon! I was feeling a little fed up of my 4x6 albums full of photos without stories or pretty embellies. With no time (or inclination!) to dedicate whole pages 12x12 to every photo I ever want to document, coupled with all the lovely Project Life products that are available now how could I resist.

I bought the Project Life core kits in Midnight and Honey along with the 12x12 papers, the textured cardstock and the dividers (I'm a sucker for things that match). So far I've only used Honey. As I was starting my album mid-year I decided to start with the birth of my niece on the 4th July 2013.

Firstly, I created a front page. This came together in seconds, although the embellishing took a lot longer. I guess this is the beauty of Project Life you can spend as little or as much time you have/wish on your album.

  


Along with the Project Life cards, I've added alpha's, stickers, and washi tape to my pages. I thought I'd make one list of all the stickers/collections I think matches the Honey core kit. I would love to hear of any products you have used on your pages?

~~Embellishments (I think) match Project Life Honey core kit~~
Sn@p Cardstock Sticker Sheets - Labels (and pretty much any of the core Sn@p products)
Echo Park - Summer Days 
Simple Stories - 100 Days of Summer
Adornit Cardstock Mini Alphas - Tiny Halloween, Tiny Sunshine, Tiny Treasure
Some seriously old October Afternoon Farm Fresh Stickers
Washi tape - multicoloured dots, blue/orange/green zigzag and green/white polka dots.
  
I'm using the Project Life Honey Edition - Chevron album (the one on the right) for my first album. The red one is also from the Honey collection and is called Dots.









7 comments:

  1. This is looking awesome! I've just started with the Project Life also. It is fun. I'm slow to get going, but I do enjoy it! Your photos are so adorable and I love the colors and patterns on your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. I'm trying to start PL too but not getting very far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can see how much you enjoy PL, it's certainly clicked with you. I haven't got any of the core kits, but I bought recently a mini kit and ohhhh I'm just loving it. It's quick and easy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your recent comment on my blog. Looks like you're off to a great start with your Project Life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work, can't seem to get in to PL x

    ReplyDelete