Friday 20 April 2012

Back to the Magic

I picked up this cute 8x8 Mickey Mouse album while we were on honeymoon in Orlando in 2007. Once home and scrapping, I found 8x8 scrapping wasn't my thing. I just don't work well with this size, I don't know why as I love 4x6, 6x12 and 12x12 so what's up with 8x8? Who knows, but after a few pages I was sold on the idea of giving up gracefully. Recently, I sold the 8x8 album but was left with a stack of lonely pages sitting on my craft desk.

Continuing in the stash busting spirit (and generally clearing my craft desk) I decided to repurpose my pages for some 12x12 living.


I stuck each layout onto a sheet of 12x12 cardstock and added some embellishments. For some reason my original 8x8 pages didn't have many bulky embellies. I have no idea why. I wish I could ask my former scrappy self - why so flat? Did I have an aversion to foam pads perhaps?! I also added some long awaited journalling to each page. Hey younger me - why no journalling?! Now I have some new(ish) layouts for our honeymoon album and more space on my desk.

6 comments:

  1. You have been busy, they all look stunning, I love the cluster of embellishments in the top layout. From these layouts I can see this will be a stunning album of your Trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great & fab idea of reworking 8x8 into 12x12 :D
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea - I have a mix of albums but struggle with anything smaller than 8x8 - who actually uses a 6x6 page???? Love the way these pages are "framed" by the extra CS but spill out with overlapping embellishments and that all important journalling - it's a great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I already commented on these but I am glad you decided to make them 12x12. I just opened my oldest disney album (2002) and I have only scrapped a small amount of that trip but a couple of them are terrible! I actually like the photos so I pulled those pages out to see if I can upgrade them like you did with yours. These are pretty icky though, they may be a case of START OVER. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous, love the colours and all your clusters, do you use the Cricut for some of your embellishments? Now your latest follower x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girls. For the embellies I used a Big Shot with an old large red Sizzix heart die and the Tim Holtz Tattered flowers die x

      Delete