Wednesday 30 March 2016

Explore. Outdoors. Fun.

It's hard to believe that it's been almost 2 years since we went to Whinfell Forest (Center Parcs) in Penrith. We really need to think about going back. It's a really magical place for kids. And I won't deny I didn't enjoy floating around in the onsite spa for an evening either. While the men-folks were golfing (or simulating golf I can't remember) my Mum and I went exploring with the boys and I snapped this photo of Jack sitting on a toadstool. I'm not sure if he likes posing or if he's wise and knows that the quicker he smiles and has the photo taken, the quicker I stop whining.


I used Bella Blvd.'s Campout. With all the trees and wood grain I think this collection is perfect for scrapping a Center Parcs holiday. The patterned paper with the tree print is called In the Woods and I'm pretty sure the brown wood grain is the free pattern paper you get when you buy the collection kit. This is actually the back side of the front page you see with the kits name and the details on the collection kit. The green and white polka dot paper is the back side of Lets Go Camping. I added a tonnes of stickers, some from Campout but some from other Bella Blvd. kits. I usually mix and match my Bella blvd. as it's really easy to do that with Bella kits). As there wasn't a heck of a lot of colour in the photo I wanted to make the red of the toadstool really pop so I added a heap of red embellishments. Including some red wood grain washi, an acorn flair (that could be October Afternoon), some yellow/orange netting (I'm sure that has a proper name..?), a KI Memories Puffy, a felt toadstool, chipboard and finished off with some Thickers for the title.

I'm really looking forward to scrapping more of this holiday and possibly booking another one soon!

4 comments:

  1. great page - those papers are perfect for the theme. I bet your son is more difficult to photograph now he is older - I can remember having to bribe mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, love the papers and all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page, Center Parcs really is a fabulous place to visit, our local one at Sherwood Forest is simply a home away from home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fabulous, but love your style

    ReplyDelete